23 May How to Create Your Ideal Environment
How to Create Your Ideal Environment
1) What is the environment in relation to Health?
Your environment includes the ‘the spaces’, and everything in them that can influence your ability to live well and flourish. Your inner environment refers to the biological and physiological conditions within your body as a whole and as parts, which you recognize collectively as your ‘health’. Your inner environment is something you as an individual are the most responsible for, and the greatest beneficiary if it’s care. Your outer environment refers to the conditions external to your body, including basically everything out there your body can ‘sense’, from the weather patterns, to people, animals, plants and other organisms.
An ideal environment is one where both your inner and outer environments are mutually supportive.
2) What is the ‘Diskin Life’ approach to the environment?
Our approach to the environment is focused on you taking responsibility of creating the environment you live in. While we recognize you cannot influence all external factors, such as weather patterns, many other environmental factors you expose yourself to are voluntary. The first important step to improving your environment is developing your awareness of what factors contribute to your environment, both positively and negatively.
To support you to gain awareness, we have created a program of Wellness Education. Our three month cycles of 12 weekly presentations, 3 once a month workshops, bimonthly workshops and other educational events, all contribute to you gaining a better awareness of concepts and self-help strategies to create your optimal self-healing and living environment.
One of the presentations is called ‘Environment’ dedicated to presenting concepts and practical strategies to improve your environment. Topics include immunity, allergies, earthing, electromagnetic radiation, personal hygiene products, house cleaning products, noise, and smoke, and heavy metals
3) Is your environment at home or work is negatively impacting you?
One of the fundamental objectives at Diskin Life is to assist you to improve your self awareness abilities, to better notice what is happening in your environment, both internally and externally. The internal awareness is about noticing and being able to respond to your body’s needs without having to wait for the loud ’wake up calls’, like advanced pain, stress and illness, to recognize the need for change. This may be the result of what you put in your body in the form of food or other chemicals like drugs, or may be the way you think or move, or even positions you repeatedly hold your body in. Being better able to notice your external environment means you are better able to recognize what you can change external to your body. Maybe it’s the people company you are in, or the quality of the air you breathe or the cold or heat you expose yourself to, without sufficient weatherproofing protection. Of particular impression to your environment is what you repeat on a regular basis; all of which can negatively impact your wellbeing.
4) 5 simple ways to improve your environment
(1) Open windows daily, at opposite ends of your living and working spaces, to allow a cross ventilation of air.
(2) Enjoy at least a few minutes of direct sunlight, depending on your skin’s sensitivity, and when that is not possible boost your intake of Vitamin D in its various supplement forms.
(3) Most house and office cleaning can be accomplished with the use of baking soda (bicarb of soda), and white vinegar. Many commercial cleaning products contain harmful caustic ingredients that have lingering impacts.
(4) Keep your distance from devices that emit electromagnetic radiation, by using external mics on phones, and ensuring you are not sleeping near devices such as phones, tablets etc.
(5) Boost your immunity, to be better able to withstand environmental bombardment of stressors, by optimizing your nerve systems capacity to regulate your organs with regular Chiropractic care.
Dr. Ari Diskin is a US trained Healthy Life Doctor of Chiropractic, with over 30 years professional experience, having cared for over 10,000 people. He uses Network Care as part of his 3 Step Vitality Program, in Melbourne Australia. For more information www.DiskinLife.com.