19 Apr AFRICAN DRUMMING (WIN) Women of Influence Network
181 Victoria Parade
Fitzroy VIC 3065
September’s theme is African Drumming
Our special guest presenter for September is Simone Lang of Drummergirl.
African Drumming Workshop
This will be a fun and engaging hands-on African drumming workshop.
All instruments provided.
No musical experience necessary!
In a supportive and non-confrontational group environment attendees will:
- Learn basic hand drumming technique.
- Experience playing some simple West African rhythms and songs/chants
- Explore the meditative application of drumming
- Feel connection to a group through rhythmic co-creation
- Get their JOY ON!
Simone Lang is the founder & director of Drummergirl (www.drummergirl.com.au) and has been studying West African drumming and percussion for over 17 years. She has studied with some of West Africa’s finest exponents of the tradition and has travelled to the countries of Guinea, Senegal and The Gambia to study and absorb West African drumming and culture.
As a facilitator and instructor, Simone is renowned for her charismatic approach and she imparts her knowledge of West African drumming and culture with integrity and buoyant enthusiasm.
Attention Empowered Women!
Are you a successful business owner or professional woman, looking for inspiring and nurturing community, connection and contribution, in a fun, stimulating and supportive environment, where it’s all about you (for a change) with like-minded women?
To date, you have prioritised everyone else, likely neglecting yourself. Maybe you believed that was the best decision, and now you realise to help anyone, you MUST make yourself a priority. This will in turn allow you greater capacity and resourcefulness to support others as well as enriching you personal fulfillment.
Events with a difference!
- Two hours of organised chaos with spontaneity
- Meet new friends
- Hear how successful women are living their dreams
- Enjoy themed activities like dance, laughter, music, meditation, and more…
- Indulge in delicious and delectable food
- Pamper yourself by taking “ME time” to just focus on yourself
- Stretch yourself by expanding & enriching your paradigms
- Fulfil your needs and dreams
- Support worthwhile charities
- Supporting high achieving business and professional women to realise their authentic potential.
Many of you have expressed an interest in a
dynamic group of women achievers
getting together to share and be inspired, so here it is.